Saturday 20 September 2014

Rating System 1

Hi Folks,

The first rating system I am going to use is based on the 'Proftable football betting' book by Paul Steele.I was curious if these methods could still be used today, as the book is quite old. Also when the book was published, there was no trading back then. Paul Steele, did straight forward betting. Backing home teams and backing away teams combined with backing the draw.

I can only use these rating systems on the championship at the moment as that is the only top league that has had more than 6 matches so far.

I used the rating systems for the first time during mid-week matches.

I LTD in the Nott'm forest Vs Fulham match and hedged out when Forest were 2-0 up. I also layed Blackpool in the Blackpool vs Watford match, which was successful.

So 2 wins out of 2 so far.

There are three matches today.

Derby Vs Cardiff - LTD and look to hedge out when odds are 8.2 or higher
Norwich Vs Birmingham - LTD <4 .5="" 9.0="" and="" are="" hedge="" higher="" odds="" or="" out="" p="" then="" when="">Wolves Vs Bolton - LTD at 4.3 and look to hedge out at 8.6 or higher

If the game is 0-0 when the draw odds are 1.7 I hedge out. if 1-1 or another score draw I stay in to the end.

I will also keep a spreadsheet of paper trades to see if straight betting is more profitable.

I will keep an update on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment