Tuesday 15 April 2014

Greed vs Risk aversion

Good morning folks,

Only a couple of matches that I traded last night. The Reading vs Leicester match I Layed the HT 0-0, which was successful. I didn't get involved in laying the draw as Leicester were only slight favourites in this one. I guess they were not clear favourites because of two factors 

1) They have a poor record at reading
2) The market had already factored on the fact that they were promoted.

There did look good value in laying reading, based on the stats from this season but i didn't risk it. 

I also liked the look of the LTD in the Udinese vs Juventus match. There was value as well, but I convinced myself not to carry out the teade. Juventus were2-0 inside the first half and I would have made a decent profit. 

This brings me onto the title of this post; greed vs risk aversion. There is a balance between greed; staying in a trade too long, as was the case at the weekend in the Liverpool match and risk aversion; exiting too early out of fear or not entering a trade at all. The greed side of things I have tried to combat this year by defining profit stops, which I think are very important. The risk aversion I am not sure about yet. I know why I didn't trade the Udinese vs Juventus match; it was simply a case of having a good month so far and fear of losing the trade. Has anybody else had similiar experiences, if so any ideas on how to combat them?

No comments:

Post a Comment