Sunday 13 April 2014

Weekend Update

Well another weekend of Premiership action is over and as with last week there were no draws, so a good weekend for LTD.

Down at the bottom there were huge wins for Fulham and Crystal Palace. The Fulham one in particular, really makes things interesting.

At the top Liverpool beat Man City 3-2 and the title is now in their own hands. Chelsea also won to keep the pressure on. However, I am sure there will be more twists and turns in the weeks to come.

So what about my trading for the weekend and the week.

For the week a steady profit of £16.44

This weekend I actually made a small loss of -£3.71

Saturdays selections consisted of LTD in the following matches

QPR Vs Nottingham Forest
Fulham Vs Norwich
Sunderland Vs Everton
Stoke Vs Newcastle
Southampton Vs Cardiff
Wigan Vs Arsenal
Bayern Vs Dortmund
Granada Vs Barcelona

I actually got 7 out of the 8 correct. The Arsenal let me down. I keep telling myself not to get involved in cup matches; also I didn't have time to do all my stats for this one and just assumed Arsenal would win!!! Anyway I still made a small profit of £8.43.

On Saturday I also had a few trades on the correct score market.

Stoke Vs Newcastle
Fulham Vs Norwich
West Brom Vs Spurs

It was a poor day for these trades as I only won on the West Brom Vs Spurs trade. So overall I was £25.96 down. I have a decent record on the 'lay the HT 0-0', but not as great for the 'Lay the HT score'. I think I might reduce my stakes for these type of trades,as if you lose a few in a row and have a bad run you can lose a significant portion of your bank.

Sunday was a good day overall.

I LTD in the following selections.

Swansea Vs Chelsea
Getafe Vs Atl Madrid

Both of these trades won to yield a profit of £12.03

I did a small bet of 1% (£6) by backing the draw in the Liverpool vs Man City match. When they were 2-0 up I then backed the draw again for 11, but only for another 0.5% (£3) as 4 out of the last 6 draws were 2-2 and history has a habit of repeating itself. However, I got greedy on this trade as originally I was looking to exit around 2.0. Then when it was 2-2 I hedged out the extra £3 and left the rest running, looking for 1.5. I should of just hedged there and then in total for around £15-£18 profit. Liverpool then scored and the chance was gone. So a small loss of £6 on this one.

I also have a couple of trades in the score markets

Liverpool vs Man City - Lay the HT 0-0 I won £3.56
Swansea Vs Chelsea - Lay the current score in the 2nd half I won £5.08

So overall for Sunday I made a profit of £13.82

So a small loss for the weekend, which would have been a decent win if I had hedged out of the draw trade in the Liverpool Vs Man City; but how many times have we all said that.

The last couple of days I have been reading a very good blog called 'Green all over' by Cassini. This blog has been around for quite some time, but I only stubbled across it recently. I must say it is a good read, with some useful insights and funny quotes along the way; it's well worth a look.

Well not long left this season and then the World Cup. I always get a little bit down when the season comes to an end as I don't really have a lot of experience trading other sports. I know the World Cup is on this summer, but it's not the same, I am not as confident with my selections.

I have said this for some time, but I really need to try and branch out and trade other sports. However, working in a full time job only really allows evening trading and weekend trading. I can trade some Tennis if there are night matches or weekend matches, but over the summer the opportunities are slim. I don't think horse trading is for me. I prefer opportunities were I can look for value and look at the stats.

I may start to look at at a couple of summer football leagues, such as the MLS and Irish leagues as well as the Swedish league and the Norway league, they tend to start over March and April as other leagues are winding down. I will have to see what the liquity is like. I may also look at MLB as this runs over the Summer and into September, but I would have to paper trade this one for awhile. To be fair I have a few ideas but will have to paper trade for a while until I get the hang of things

Until next time







No comments:

Post a Comment